The CommandFusion DIN-MOD4 is a modular controller, capable of housing 4 modules, in any combination.
You could for instance load it up with 4 IR modules, giving a total of 32 IR ports. Or perhaps 4 COM4 modules, giving a maximum of 17 RS232 ports (including the on-board RS232 port).
The information panel can be found on the front of the DIN-MOD4.
- CFLink ID LCD
- Displays the CFLink ID assigned to the unit.
- Power (Blue)
- Off = Power off
- Flashing = Booting or firmware missing
- Solid = Power on and ready
- CFLink Fault (Red)
- Solid = Fault discovered on CFLink bus. Remain solid until reset.
- Reset unit to clear CFLink fault flag and turn off LED.
- CFLink Activity (Amber)
- Flashing = CFLink activity is detected on the CFLink network.
- COM Port Program Mode (Amber)
- Solid = On-board RS232 port is in Program Mode (for communicating with CFLink devices via RS232).
- COM Port RS232 Mode
= On-board RS232 port is in RS232 Mode (for controlling third part RS232 devices).
- Press to begin editing the first digit of the CFLink ID
- Press again to change to editing the second digit of the CFLink ID
- Press a third time to end editing the CFLink ID.
- When either the first or second digit of the CFLink ID is flashing, press Up to increase the digit.
- When either the first or second digit of the CFLink ID is flashing, press Down to decrease the digit.
- Press to reset the unit. See the Device Resetting page for more information.
- COM Port
- Press to toggle on-board RS232 Mode between Program Mode and RS232 Mode.
Each module slot contains the following information:
- Status/Act LEDs (Amber), 4 per module slot, each corresponding to a specific port on the module.
- Depending what module is plugged in, these LEDs will show the status or activity of the modules ports.
- Information such as if a relay is closed or open, when data is being sent or received to COM ports, etc.
- For cases when a module has more than 4 ports (LRY8 module, etc), you can toggle which ports the LEDs are related to by pressing and holding any of the test buttons for that module.
- Module Type Text
- The module type that is detected will light up blue.
- When the "Status/Act" LEDs are relating to ports 1-4, this text will be solidly lit up.
- When the "Status/Act" LEDs are relating to ports 5-8, this text will slowly blink.
- Test Buttons
- These are for testing relay modules. Pressing and releasing the button will toggle the relay state.
- Hold any test button for 3 seconds to change the "Status/Act" to relate to ports 5-8, then press and hold again to change back to ports 1-4.
On-Board RS232 Port
Depending what mode the RS232 port is in (indicated via the information LEDs), this port can be used for 2 things: 1. Using RS232 to communicate with other CFLink devices on the CFLink network. 2. Communicating with third party RS232 devices such as projectors, TVs, etc.
On-Board Digital Input
This digital input can be used to trigger rules in the CFLink network.
CFLink x 2
The dual 5-pin CFLink connector is used to communicate with other CFLink devices on the network.
Either connector can be used, as they are true loopthrough ports.
- Isolated Ground
- Data +
- Data -
- Power (12-24V DC)
The MicroSD slot is used to expand the on-board memory via MicroSD cards.
The 4 module slots can be used for any combination of modules.
Use a flat head screw driver (preferably plastic to avoid marking, but metal is fine too) to lever the modules out far enough to pull out the remaining amount with your fingers.
When inserting a module, make sure to insert it straight and all the way in until the latch clicks into position.
After inserting a module, you will need to reset the DIN-MOD4 before that module is detected.